Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween and the end of Socktoberfest

Happy Halloween everyone, are you all having a fun (or at least candy fueled) weekend?  My weekend has been a lot of fun so far, yesterday my husband and I ran the Monster Dash 5K in Minneapolis, here's me after the race:



We ran the Monster Dash last year too, it's fun because you get to see everyone in costume while you're running, it makes the run go by super quick.  I was very proud of myself for running the whole race and not having to walk or stop, we weren't trained as well as last year so I was worried I would suck.  But I ran the whole way, whoo hoo! 

I also finished another pair of socks last night:




















The first sock of this pair was knit in two days while on vacation (almost 5 hours in the car makes for lots of knitting time).  The second sock took quite a bit longer, life is rude and gets in the way of knitting time!  The yarn is Panda Cotton again in the Fall Herbs colorway.  So I ended up knitting 2 pairs of socks for Socktoberfest, not bad!

So what fun are you guys up to this weekend?

-kala

10 comments:

pip said...

well done on running the whole way! and I love those socks... the colours are fabulous :)

tiffannysketchbook said...

good for you!! I hate running... :( inspiration!!

photoknitdog said...

Congrats on finishing the 5K! I am currently getting back into the swing of running after a break due to an injury and it's been hard... working up to it slowly but surely though!

The colors of your socks are perfect... very Fall-like! :)

Andrea said...

I love the horned headband!

ColorSlut said...

The socks are perfect!

Lolly said...

Not bad at all on the socks! Way to go, girl!

and I love the headband!

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Hey, I live in Minneapolis, too! Why have I never heard of the Monster Dash?! How cool.

Ooh, love the socks!

ana said...

yay for the socks! they look great. & double yay for the 5k :)

affectioknit said...

Cute Socks and Horns...

Patricia said...

Congrats on the run, what an accoplishment! The devil horns and socks are really lovely too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...