Friday, October 01, 2010

Take 5

Whew, I'm taking a little break in between cleaning, it's been one of those days when you set out to just tidy up a little end then end up making 5 trips down to the storage area, vacuuming the whole apartment, doing a couple of loads of laundry, taking out the trash...you know, one of those kinds of days!  And I still need to do the dishes, although since the husband is on his way home maybe I'll leave them for him :)

On the knitting front, I've made some nice progress on my Socktoberfest Mummy Socks:



I'm really loving the stitch pattern and the chart, very easy to follow without being boring. The wording of the actual pattern and the instructions after the cuff however.....let's just say it's been easier to re-design and rewrite it then to figure out what the heck is going on. Not to say that the designer hasn't done a great job, but it's just not working out for me, especially with trying to juggle errata and what not.



Reading wise, I finished Summer of Night by Dan Simmons and LOVED IT! It was even quite spooky in some bits which is great, especially for this time of year :) Anyone else reading or knitting anything fun?

-kala

5 comments:

meredith said...

great socks! i've been working on a scarf this week! it has been cooler here and it has inspired me to knit up a storm.

affectioknit said...

I love your socks and the colour - perfect for fall - I'm still knitting some plain white ones - and I'm reading 'How the Garcia girls lost their accents' - cute and funny so far...

peacefullyknitting.com said...

The socks are looking great!

cseneque said...

Loving the socks!
I'm reading The Adventures of Kavalier and Clay: golems, comic books and escape artists...very fun!

ColorSlut said...

The socks are coming along so nice - and the color is perfect. Just love the combo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...