Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gift Knitting - Two More Projects Done!

The holiday knitting is actually going pretty smoothly this year, well, as long as I don't look too closely at my to-knit list :)  I recently finished a couple of gifts for the husband, first a pair of basic black fingerless gloves:




















The pattern was from the Holiday 2010 issue of Knit Simple and it was a nice and easy knit.  The yarn was some Sirdar Snuggly DK that I had in my stash, it was great to work with but I think I wish the end product was a little more smooth.  To make sure they fit Shane, I made him close his eyes and try the first one on :)  The magazine also has a ladies version of the mitts, so maybe I'll make them sometime with a different yarn.

Last night I finished a pair of socks, I've managed to work on them in front of the husband without him asking me about them, so I think these might even be a surprise!  I decided on some basic vanilla socks because they're so quick to knit and nice to wear in the winter.  This was another project made from stash yarn, I used 2 skeins of Panda Soy in the Fudge Brownie colorway:





















Oh, and if you're thinking, "wait, won't he see his gifts here on the blog?" don't worry, he is forbidden from reading my blog ever for that very reason :)

So how's your gift crafting going?

-kala

9 comments:

Hege said...

Great gifts!
I'm thinking about casting on a pair of fingerless for my Hubby too ;)

Handmade in Israel said...

I like those gloves! Pretty sure your hubbie knows what to expect on Xmas day now though :(

VeganCraftastic said...

Handmade in Israel - nope, I'm safe, he's not allowed to read my blog for that very reason :)

Zoe said...

Love those gloves! And the colour or the socks is gorgeous!

ducky said...

Love the socks...and I love that you have Totoro peeking out in the background! I have one in my living room too

Kelly said...

I like them both! And I agree with Zoe; the socks' color is great.

I've finished two holiday gifts, and now I'm working through a pair of mittens for my dad. Yay for getting things done early...!

BTW - thanks again for covering shipping costs for the pins; they're adorable and I can't wait to post about my giveaway! :)

WorstedKnitt said...

Lovely! I decided not to knit any presents this year, so that means I the holiday knitting covered already :)

Sheena said...

Hi! I'm working on those same mitts. I found you through ravelry as I was looking to see if anyone had finished posted pics of them yet. (I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing them right.) =) Anyway, so glad I found your blog! I'm vegan, too, and just started knitting less than a year ago! Will definitely be back!

Gina Guillotine said...

Wanted to let you know, Simply Socks Yarn has a bunch of Panda yarns in the sale section today in case you wanted to try and score some deals. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...