Friday, November 05, 2010

Interweave Knits - Winter 2010

Has everyone seen the preview of the new issue of Interweave Knits?  I just took a peek and I can't honesty say that it's too thrilling.  It's not that there are hideous knits in this issue, it's just not my style, what I'd really like is for Knit Scene to be published more frequently!  I'm not sure I'll pick up this issue, there's nothing that screams "KNIT ME NOW!" but there are a few projects that I like:

The Kinetic Cowl by Amy Polcyn has a great shape and would look really nice with just the right yarn:



I also like the graphic simplicity of the Art Deco Argyle Stockings by Lisa D. Jacobs:



So what you do like from the new issue?

-kala

11 comments:

Andrea said...

I have to agree. I like the socks you posted and that was about it. I'm not too inspired by anything else and normally I find a sweater of vest I love. Not in this issue.

Anonymous said...

I don't have plans to knit anything in this issue. Nothing I am excited about. Plus, too many other hundreds of things I love in my queue.

Anonymous said...

StaceyKnitsIt

Sorry--forgot to leave my name above! :)
Happy Autumn.

ana said...

there isn't much that i would do in that issue either. i stay away from sweaters as gifts...and right now i am in full on gift knitting mode :) but i do like that cowl! really nice. & i like the 'Oslo Walk Shawl' too.

Emma said...

When I had a subscription sometimes I'd find I wasn't really into anything from the preview site, but I'd get the issue and everything would look much more enticing! I do like those socks you posted, and I kinda like Ginevra’s Pullover. Prism Pullover looks interesting construction-wise, but I'm not sure about how it would look on!

JFibers said...

I really like the Pinked socks. But the coolest part is on the bottom....

Randi said...

I liked all the socks but none of the sweaters did much for me. Still worth the price of the issue for that many sock patterns, though, so I might pick it up.

Sara said...

I'm rarely thrilled with anything in IK. I really liked the Prism Pullover, the Tuckernuck Cardigan and the Slouchy Cable Pullover. Not that I would actually knit any of them, mind, you...but I appreciate the artistry of them. I'm more a garter stitch gal myself.

ColorSlut said...

I can never pick until the magazine shows up and I thumb through it - something about the looking online doesn't work for me :(

Helana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helana said...

I'm with you on this issue. Not very exciting. The one thing that grabbed me was the cowl. That's about it, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...