Thursday, November 04, 2010

New Sockage

I think it's pretty obvious, even if you've only read a few posts here on the blog, that I love sock knitting!  They really are my favorite thing to knit, maybe because they're so practical, or maybe because they're so portable and I can work on them at Knit Night and (sometimes) get a lot done in not a lot of time.  So when the husband asked me what I wanted for my Halloween present (yes, we give Halloween presents) I hinted that I might want the new book Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders.  And by hint, I mean that we went to the bookstore, I held the book up to my face and said this would would make a really really good Halloween present!  On Halloween night, I cast on the Eyelet and Feather Socks by Ann McClure:



















It's hard to get a good pic of the stitch pattern at this point, but it's very pretty in person!  I'm using Panda Cotton again (big surprise!) in the Berry Compote colorway.  And as you can see in the picture, I'm using the Chart Keeper that I bought from Knit Picks, I'm planning a full review so I won't say much about it right now :)

So what are you guys working on?

-kala

10 comments:

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

❤ that you exchange Halloween gifts! sock is looking awesome already!

& thanks for reminding me that i need to order that chart keeper! once i have time to knit again, i'll be wishing that i had it!

affectioknit said...

Awesome sockage! I love that purple-y colour!

ana said...

i love the idea of halloween presents! :D that color for your socks is lovely

ana said...

ps: left you a little award: http://erban.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

:D

tiffannysketchbook said...

I'm working on the cross-stitch lounge socks from the book knitting 24/7 :D

Kala, I need your help!!!!! Can you e-mail me? tiffanny.varga@gmail.com
I couldn't find yours on your profile.

ColorSlut said...

Great socks there girl! And I do love my knit picks pattern keeper as well. I'm currently working on a vest and socks. There is ALWAYS a pair of socks on the needles.

Randi said...

"And by hint, I mean that we went to the bookstore, I held the book up to my face and said this would would make a really really good Halloween present!"

That's usually how I "hint" about presents too.

Jasmine said...

that yarn is awesome. i was just thinking about getting the chart keeper. i'll definitely be watching for your review.

Penny said...

I love the lack of subtlety in your 'hint'! That's the way to do it!
Those socks look so nice! I'm guessing they're in fingering? I really must try some lighter weight socks...

Patricia said...

Love the color choice and the stitch pattern, really go nicely together too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...