Saturday, November 13, 2010

Snow Day!

Today was our first big day of snow here in Minnesota, here's the view from the big window over my sewing table this morning:



















It's been snowing pretty steadily since then too, luckily I'm nice and warm in the apartment :)  This kind of weather makes me feel like building a fort on the couch (or maybe just snuggling under a blanket) and knitting all day.  I had to do some sewing for the shop though, but now that I'm done I think I'll be working on some socks for my husband.  A few days ago I made a list of all the gifts I want to knit and pretty much horrified myself with how much I need to get done.  These will be a gift for the husband since he really loves and appreciates handknit socks:



















These are a pair of plain vanillas in some Panda Soy I had in the stash.  So what are you crafting for the holidays this year?

-kala

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm kind of afraid to really think about my holiday gift knitting list too. I have a sweater for my brother that still needs sleeves, the yoke and button band (not too bad), a blanket for my parents that is only about 20% done (ugh), and a sweater for my husband that I haven't started yet (yikes!).

Michael Creations said...

I love the color of the socks you're knitting!

I just talked to my parents in the Minneapolis area and it sounds like there's lots of snow! It looks so pretty, it almost makes me wish I was there! Though, here today it was in the mid-70s, so I'm definitely not complaining! :)

Good luck getting all your Christmas knitting finished!

Pam said...

The snow is beautiful to look at, but I'm not looking forward to digging my car out so I can get to work. I would love it if we can just have snow storms on the weekends. I'm in Massachusetts. So far we've been lucky, but I know it's coming. lol

Zoe said...

I've never even seen snow so I feel a little jealous! It's beautiful!
I love the colour of the socks, I've never been able to grasp how to knit circular things.

urban muser said...

hi kala,
i can't believe you are experiencing snow already!

i have an etsy question for you...do you ever make journals by request? i am interested in the sewing journal you sold a couple months ago. do you have anymore of those/can you make one? thanks!

Knot By Gran'ma said...

Ooooh! I love the snow. I can't wait until we get some here in NY.

The colors in your knitting are gorgeous too! Stay warm and cozy!

VeggieAmanda said...

Beautiful picture of the snow. Don't want to make you jealous, but it is in the 70's in NC today. Stay warm and drink lots of vegan hot chocolate!

tiffannysketchbook said...

i'm thinking of knitting the Koolhaas hat but I'm having troubles thinking of what vegan yarn replacement to use.... plain cotton might not grab the skull well enough... any ideas?

Jacklyn said...

I wish it would snow where I live..all we ever get is hail : /
Cold weather makes me feel like crafting too or baking warm desserts. Currently I am trying to find time to finish my scarf..then I gotta start on one for my mom and friend : ]

affectioknit said...

Fun! That storm missed us completely...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...