Sunday, November 07, 2010

That Which I Must Knit

While I was at Barnes and Noble last night I got a chance to flip through the holiday issue of Vogue Knitting.  Vogue isn't a magazine I buy very often, most of the patterns are miles away from my style, but I might just pick up this issue, mostly due to this one gorgeous sweater:















I'm so in love!  I'm not sure if I'd knit it short sleeved but I'd consider it since I'm always super hot in any room that has the heat on (knit night is especially sweltering) - I'm not a fan of winter and I'm really not a fan of heaters, bleh.  Without fail, if I'm inside in the winter I'm in either a short sleeved top or a tank so maybe a short sleeved sweater is just what I need! 

So what grabs you from the Vogue preview?

-kala

13 comments:

Emma said...

Oooh, that is pretty, looks like the best pattern in the issue! At first I thought it was from that new Vampire Knits book, maybe it was the dark lipstick.

T @ Poppy Place said...

I love the Golden Girls section :)

The pinks are cute too!

Love your choice, are you going to make it? Would be great for the holidays :)

Have a lovely Sunday, T. :)

lilmamad said...

That's gorgeous! I love the textured gray poncho thing. :) This is probably an issue I will absolutely have to pick up! I too get really hot all the time and don't have many sweaters that are honestly long sleeved. So I usually cheat and make them short!

ana said...

that is lovely. there are quite a few things i like in the magazine...i do like the pink scarves, but more for gifts...and probably not in pink. hah. i think what you picked would be great for the holidays as well :D

Pam said...

I love that! I think I would start banging my head against the wall with all those cables. lol

Meeling said...

That's a gorgeous sweater!!! Perfect for the holiday season.

Hopping over to you from the etsy forums. :-)

Maya said...

that is some sweater!

Angela said...

That is one gorgeous sweater. It looks like it's knit with a tweed. Webs is having a tweed sale if you're not already overstashed with tweed like I am.

I think you may have convinced me to stalk over to Borders and pick up all of my knitting magazines.

ColorSlut said...

Wow. That is fantastic! Screams Christmas.

affectioknit said...

That really is pretty!

Rachel said...

I like the cropped black cardi with the huge bow! I don't know where I'd wear it, but it's cute : )

Hannah said...

Holy moley, it's gorgeous, but I'd go insane trying to make that sweater! It's gorgeous, but it would probably take me about 500 years to finish it. If only I had more patience and talent

treewool said...

It's no secret I'm a Vogue cheerleader. I loveee it. But this issue was such a disappointment for me! As a fashion designer I can appreciate a few of the pieces, but I don't think I would knit any of them. I do like some of the lace scarves. Same with Interweave.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...