Monday, November 29, 2010

Waffles for Your Feet

I finished another Christmas present!  I knit a pair of Blueberry Waffle Socks for my mom:



Nice, right?  This is the third time I've used this pattern and yarn combo, the pattern is great and easy to memorize without putting me into a coma :)  The yarn was in my stash, 2 skeins of Berroco Comfort DK in the Agean Sea colorway - this is a great vegan yarn for house or bed socks, nice and cozy.  I've also worn socks made from this yarn with my heavy winter boots and stayed warm and comfy.



I'm glad that I'm making some nice progress on gift knitting, I still have a few projects to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Oh, and if you're wondering, my mom doesn't read my blog so I'm safe to post about her gifts :) 

-kala

13 comments:

affectioknit said...

Awesome socks!

elephantJuice said...

Love these! Fantastic colour.

photoknitdog said...

Beautiful! Good luck with the rest of your christmas gifts!

JFibers said...

Did you figure out how to use your "better" camera??? Your photos are looking better and better! Nice job!

Pam said...

I love your waffle socks!

Zoe said...

They're gorgeous! I love the colour and texture of them.

Patricia said...

What a great gift! Glad to hear you can see the light at the end of the tunnel...I'm not doing so well on getting things finished, or even started this year!

Emma said...

love the color!

Hannah said...

Lovely! I've never actually knit socks, but they look so soft and cozy, you might be able to convince me to change all that.

Emily said...

this is my first time looking around on your blog and i love it. your knitting projects are all amazing! i'm contemplating my first pair of socks right now and it seems so daunting...the fact that you've made over 30 pairs knocks my socks off.

Stella said...

Wha! Those are some super cute socks. I never thought much about socks, but maybe I should. That blue is kind of witchy cool too (smile)!

Jacklyn said...

those socks look so warm! i could totally use a pair like that right about now : ]
my mom doesn't read my blog either haha

Heather said...

Love the colour! I'm so jealous of your knitting abilities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...