Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard Crafting: Napkin Sewing!

So yesterday we had a huge crazy amount of snow here in Minnesota, the most snow I've ever seen for sure!  Even the buses stopped running which just floored me because if even the buses couldn't safely travel it must be BAD.  Since we we're snowed in, I took the opportunity to get some sewing done.  Sewing for myself, and not for my Etsy shop, madness!  The result was a pile of cute and colorful napkins:



I used this simple tutorial from Skip to my Lou, I did the square corner version because the mitered corner napkins looked like a pain to prepare.  Because of the size of the scraps and leftover fabric bits I used, I ended up cutting the squares at 15" which ended up being perfect!  I plan on making more as gifts (there's some robot fabric at Crafty Planet that would be PERFECT for my dad...)




Oh, and be sure to come back tomorrow, I'm participating in the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day, see you then!

-kala

12 comments:

Vegan Girl (Roni Seabury) said...

Aww they are all so cute! Good job!

knittinginatree said...

Lovely napkins! Great fabric, too. I've heard from friends and family about the crazy weather you're having there--it's a great reason to stay in and craft. Take care and stay safe!

Sheena said...

I haven't made napkins in a long while. Yours are super cute! =)

LeLa said...

Lovely fabrics! Should be fun to make napkins using these!

Emma said...

Love that purple brancy fabric!

urban muser said...

really cute. hey, that snow is messing me up here in NYC. My Giants were supposed to play the Vikings today and the snow caused the game to be postponed!

JFibers said...

Stop sharing my Christmas presents on your blog... you know I read it and you're just ruining the surprise!

ColorSlut said...

Those napkins are so wonderful! I love making napkins because they are so fast too :)

Jacklyn said...

Okay I am so making these. I've been meaning to get rid of my paper napkins for awhile and replace them with fabric napkins. Next trip to the fabric store, I'll buy some and start sewing!

Sally said...

These are really nice! I hadn't really thought about doing something like this, but I should!

SisterBatik said...

We are loving your blog!

Patricia said...

Pretty and festive, love these! Glad you had time to make something for yourself too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...