Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Crafting: I can see the finish line!

Just when I thought I was almost done with Christmas crafting, I finally got an answer from my dad about what he wants for gifts.  The answer was totally unexpected, he told me that ALL he wanted was for me to knit him a striped hat with red yarns.  How can you say no to that?  Plus, he added that he understands that it's very close to Christmas and it would be ok if I didn't have time to finish it.  Well, in one evening of speedy knitting and watching Christmas Vacation, I knit a very red hat:



I'm really not a very fast knitter, but as I said somewhere else, it must have been a Christmas miracle or the power of Addi Turbos!  My dad's favorite hats are made from my free Slacker Hat pattern, they fit him perfectly and he wears them all the time in the winter, I'm pretty sure my mom has to pry the hat off his head once Spring rolls around :)  Here's the Ravelry link for the pattern, if anyone else needs a last minute quick knit. 

I also finished the second pair of gift socks for the husband:



These are another pair of plain vanilla socks, this time knit in Berroco Comfort Sock in the Fruit Cocktail colorway.  So yes, I can see the finish line of gift crafting, but there are still a couple of things to get done.  I STILL need to knit the intarsia bits for a scarf and get that sewn together, and today I'll be sewing some napkins for gifts for my parents (robot fabric for dad and colorful forks and spoons for mom).

Are you guys done gift crafting or shopping yet?

-kala

15 comments:

jupitersinclair said...

LOVE the socks!

I'm not done. I still have to make a taggie blankey for the wee one.

SisterBatik said...

How wonderful all your knitting!!!!

Have a great Christmas!

Check out our blog - we are under a blanket of snow : )

LeLa said...

I'm not done either. I want to buy some things and finish a hat for my dad. :) And some more simple and quick handmade things.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

I don't get to work right up until Christmas because all my gifts need to be mailed away, so I've been done my gift crafting for a while. Now i'm knitting for me! hehe :)

Chris said...

I think it's great your Dad loves red!

I *think* I'm done shopping and all I have left in the crafting department is a Christmas pudding tea cozy I'm making for myself.

photoknitdog said...

Love the red striped hat! Very cool. :)

I just posted about almost being done with knit gifts! I think this has been my least stressful knit Christmas yet. Yay for that!

andrea said...

i'm still working on mine! your gifts look great-
via etsy forums :)

Fedulab said...

Wonderfull works
^__^

Have a nice christmas

affectioknit said...

Awesomely cute hat and socks! Merry Making!

Lindsay Conner said...

Those socks are delightful! Thanks for the link back. Merry Christmas!

Sally said...

The hat and the socks look wonderful! I did lots of knitting for Christmas last year. This year, I've been sewing. Of course, I had a down week due to being ill, so I'm running behind schedule! I have lots to do yet in the next few days!

Randi said...

Love that hat! I managed a pair of ankle socks in Cascade 128 in 1 day this weekend, so now it's just down to another pair in Fixation (I'm hoping just 1 day on those, too) and 1.3-ish thrummed mittens. Vacation + Mythbusters marathons thanks to Netflix = I'm gonna win Xmas this year!

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Oh those are both wonderful! I still haven't knit socks yet, but am happy to say that I've started knitting again. Right now I'm trying out a hat loom that we've been using for teen programs at the library.

slipstreamfiberarts said...

Even havign sworn off gift knitting, I'm still not done getting presents ready yet... yikes!

cseneque said...

Love that hat! So sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...