Friday, December 03, 2010

Gluten Free Vegan Rocky Road Brownies

Pure deliciousness:



I made these awesome Rocky Road Brownies last night as an experiment and I am more than happy with how they came out!  They're ooey, gooey, sweet, and delicious.  And they're vegan and gluten free!  They came out so delicious that I knew I had to share the recipe with you guys :)  Enjoy:

Gluten Free Vegan Rocky Road Brownies

1 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
12 oz silken tofu
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup soymilk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups Dandies Vegan Marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8X8 baking pan with a non-stick spray or oil.

In a large bowl, mix the "flour," baking soda, salt, coco powder, and sugar.  In a food processor, combine tofu, canola oil, soymilk, and vanilla extract.  Process until smooth. 

Add the tofu mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Add in the chocolate chips, almonds, and marshmallows. 

Pour batter into the prepared pan.  Because the marshmallows tend to bubble up when baking, place a large cookie sheet under the brownie pan to catch any potential spills.  Bake brownies for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. 

Cool, slice, and enjoy!



-kala

9 comments:

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day said...

those look perfect.

Zoe said...

Gluten free and vegan are my three favourite words! Particularly when connected to 'rocky road brownies'! I haven't seen vegan marshmallows here, just the mix you make yourself and they're too much work for me. I'll have to see if I can get them shipped here.
I would also include glace cherries in the mix! Yum!

Patricia said...

These look so good! My remaining dandies might just end up in some of these soon....

VeggieAmanda said...

I almost ate the screen when I saw these! Great way to use up my dandies! Since I am a gluten free vegan, this recipe is exciting to me!

kittee said...

those look SO GOOD! ugh.
xo
kittee

VeggieAmanda said...

I made these for a vegan potluck last night and they were a hit! I got tons of compliments. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :-)

Dimitra said...

wow! I need to try these!

chinamommy said...

Wow, those look SOOOOOO good!!! :) found you thru etsy forum :)

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan said...

I just made these, and HOLY YUM. Thanks for the great recipe! They're about to become a "get well soon" gift for a hospitalized friend. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...