Friday, December 10, 2010

Handmade Gift Progress Report

Including today, there are only 15 crafting days until Christmas!  Unless you're one of those early Christmas morning crafters, then you guys have 16 days :)  I'm pretty happy with my gift making progress, but I still have a few things to finish up.  A scarf for my husband still needs the intarsia panels (I'm making him a skull scarf), I'd like to finish up another pair of socks for him too, I'm thinking about sewing something for my parents - maybe napkins or placemats.....but really, if I don't finish any of that stuff (except the scarf) I'll still be happy.  I made some super cute magnets the other day that I'm hoping will make nice little gifts:



Cute, right?  I just made the rounds on my button machine and then instead of adding the pinback, I glued them into bottle caps. 



Here's my progress on Shane's 2nd pair of socks for Christmas:



I'm using a skein of Berroco Comfort Sock in the oddly named Fruit Cocktail colorway. 

So hows your gift crafting going?

-kala

10 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love those little bottle caps - so cute - socks too...

I'm finishing up the last of the 4 Christmas stockings for a lady at Church - my embroidered pillowcases are already on their way down south...then I'm working on a new neck gaiter for Scout - he lost his old one - and maybe a new pair of pjs too...

ana said...

those bottle caps are adorable! great looking socks too :)

Randi said...

Love the bottle caps!

I have about 3.5 presents left to knit: hat, 1 ankle sock, 1.25 regular size socks, 1/3 of a scarf, 1 pair of mittens. Also have the week before Xmas off, so I think I can make it!

GiGi said...

Everything is really cute!

photoknitdog said...

OMG love those bottle caps! Cute overload! :)

And the socks look great too! Don't remind me with the 15 days stuff (Christmas Eve gift opener here)... I think a lot of people will be getting store bought stuff... no way I can knit for that many people in 15 days! Ack!

Pam said...

I love the colors in your socks.

M.M.E. said...

Christmas is just coming up too fast! I love your magnets. So creative, and a great way to recycle.

JFibers said...

I LOVE THE BOTTLE CAPS!!!!!!! Nice work!

Gloria said...

Love, love, love the bottle caps! The images of the penguins and snowmen seem to fit perfectly! This would be great for any holiday! I'm imagining pumpkins and bats for Halloween, and hearts for Valentine's Day - the possibilities are endless....thanks for sharing!

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Those bottle caps are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...