Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Quick and Easy Handmade Gifts and Decorations!

The holidays are here, and Christmas is just around the corner!  Time seems to pass at warp speed this time of year so I thought I would do a post about handmade gifts and decorations that came be made in an evening or less!  Here are some of my faves that I've designed over the years:

Little Trees.  I designed these a few years ago because I needed some quick decorations and I wanted to use up some fluffy novelty yarn I had in the stash.  This pattern is free and is also available on Ravelry



Daria Bracelet.  I had to include this fun little pattern because it's my most popular pattern by far and knitters are always letting me know that they make great gifts.  The Daria Bracelet is a free pattern that's also available on Ravelry.



Nesting.  This cute bird and nest set comes together quickly using leftover bits of yarn, gotta love that!  Also available as a Ravelry download



What are some of your favorite quick projects for gifts?

-Kala

7 comments:

Jacklyn said...

Ooo the bracelet is my favorite! Really pretty!

ColorSlut said...

Goodness these are so cute!

urban muser said...

i've been meaning to make your Daria pattern. i even bought a toggle clasp recently! this may be the push i need.

Nature Drunk said...

Your creativity blows me away! That bracelet is fab. I just posted a blog yesterday about how wonderful it is to be surrounded by creative women. Although I don't know you personally, you are one of those women I consider a kindred. Thanks for the great posts and ideas. Clearly, you are following your heart. Keep up the amazing work. Blessings, Amber

ana said...

oh thanks for posting this! i love that nesting pattern. adorable.

i am thinking of making some felted flower bowls: ravelry pattern here

Little Blue Mouse said...

Just reading back through your blog after the SMS giveaway and have to say that the little birds in the nest are so sweet!

Sarah said...

Great post! Thanks for the pattern links. I definitely want to make that bracelet. I'm a new follower, by the way. Great blog!

Sarah

http://sadiedesigns.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...