Monday, January 10, 2011

Cardi Cast On

As soon as I finished my Boneyard shawl (I still need to take pics!) I cast on for a cute cardigan.  I'm knitting the Ariosa Wrap Cardi by Cecily Glowik MacDonald and I'm loving it so far.  I'm using some Reynolds Cabana that a friend from knit night destashed - yay for free yarn!  Since this is bulky yarn and I'm using size 10 needles, this project is speeding along nicely:



I just hope the seaming doesn't kill me, I've never sewn in sleeves before, it can't be that bad, right?   

-kala

6 comments:

BerlinBetty said...

I love the color!

Randi said...

Beautiful yarn! I've never sewn in sleeves before, either, so I have no advice. I'll be watching this space to see how it goes, though!

photoknitdog said...

Just gorgeous color and yarn! A tip for seaming in sleeves... use pins and pin the sleeve on the way you want it to fit before sewing (remove one pin at a time). That way you are sure to get a good seam without leftover fabric at the end.

jessecreations said...

The cardigan looks great, I can't wait to see the finished result! :)

Rachel said...

Love that color!

JFibers said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! (say that with an annoying accent) Just love it- the color will look great on you... I want to see it finished on Sat. so I can bug you while you seam the pieces together.... hee hee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...