Sunday, January 30, 2011

On the Needles: Flourish

I was trying really hard to be a monogamous knitter - and it was working for most of the month, I'm sure that's how I finished my Boneyard shawl so quickly - but recently I just HAD to start something new.  I'm getting close to the finish line on my Ariosa Cardi (I'm on sleeve island) so I decided to cast on for a new shawl, here's how it's going:


The pattern is called Flourish and I'm loving knitting it so far, the charts are easy to read and it's always fun watching lace patterns emerge.  The pattern is available on both Ravelry and Etsy.  The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and I'm using two skeins of Berroco Weekend that I recently bought using a gift card from Webs.  I love the color of the yarn (Grape), but working with it isn't 100% awesome - it has very little if any stretch and sort of reminds me of a thinner, softer version of Fantasy Naturale.  Oh, and for those who aren't familiar with lace knitting, the white thread in my shawl is a lifeline, basically it's a spot in my knitting that I can rip back to if I make a horrible unfixable mistake :)

So what are you guys knitting/crafting?

-kala

10 comments:

Will Write 4 Food said...

I definitely don't have the patience to knit, so no work in that department, lol. Yours look fabulous!
I'm working on a self-help booklet to add to my shop items.

-Tiffany
of
Will Write 4 Food
http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

Bean Counting Knitter said...

The color is making my mouth water! :-) I finished the Turn a Square hat for my husband today. I am going back to working on my Thermal. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/BeanCountKnitter/thermal

Clara said...

Incredibly pretty!

JFibers said...

Wow... fancy knitter! How many shawls does one knitter need? I'm still thinking about starting my boneyard... think I'll do some socks for mom first and then maybe this: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw11/PATTundergrowth.php

yoel said...

What a great color! It looks like you've made a lot of progress already!

Shannon O. said...

Your shawl looks great. I'm spending most of my knitting time working on a Shaelyn shawl. It's my first attempt at lace but it's going okay so far. I did have to rip back one whole lace section a couple of days ago :( but it wasn't a huge problem because the stockinette portions act like a lifeline.

photoknitdog said...

Really pretty purple and I love leaf motifs, so that makes it a beautiful shawl in my book. :)

Randi said...

Beautiful shawl and great color! I love seeing lace patterns in heavier yarns. I just finished a bath mat and hope I can manage to knit a thumb tomorrow so I can have some new mittens.

Debbie said...

As usual I have a pair of socks OTN, just my plain vanilla variety. But I am also making great strides, finally, on my first sweater. I am purchasing buttons today before starting on the button band.

affectioknit said...

So pretty...and purple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...