Sunday, February 13, 2011

Boys Like Flowers Too!

Two days ago I learned something new about my husband.  Since it's so close to Valentine's Day, there are 8 million commercials for flower delivery places, right?  So, jokingly, I asked him if he wanted me to get him some flowers.  And he said yes.  He said that nobody had ever given him flowers and that he's like some.  I don't know why it never occurred to me, but I was more than happy to oblige!  So the next day, I walked my butt down to Trader Joe's and got him a surprise bunch of flowers:



I figured if I gave them to him a few days before V-Day it would be more of a surprise :)  And you should have seen me in the flower section looking dazed and lost, there were so many to pick from!  But I wasn't the only person in the flower section looking like a deer in the headlights, so it was ok.  I think I chose well, because he really liked these, and the bunch even has some rosemary included!

-kala 

12 comments:

Kokoem said...

This flower experience sounds similar to me taking my boyfriend to JoAnn's for some cotton yarn for his blanket. He picked all pastel colors. BRIGHT pastel pinks, greens, blues and yellows. There is one skein that has dark blue, but the blanket is primarily those bright colors. At least they're honest? ;)

Carla said...

Oh that's so sweet of you!! =D
The ones you picked are really quite lovely.

JFibers said...

Tell Shane Happy V-Day from me! Oh, and you too...

missmuffcake said...

I bought my boyfriend flowers from TJ when we first started dating. That night he surprised me with flowers too!

Sally said...

My husband loves it when I give him flowers, too!

-Sam said...

that is so sweet!~ Happy Valentine's Day!

affectioknit said...

Sweet! Happy Valentines Day!

Patricia said...

What a nice idea! I love there is rosemary in the bunch too, it must really smell heavenly! And you could cook with it too...

Dawn said...

Love that! You made a lovely choice.

urban muser said...

what a lovely idea!

cabin + cub said...

oh those are pretty! that is super sweet!

Oddity:86 said...

That's a beautiful bunch, great idea! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...