Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Finished Knit: Flourish!

Wow, it seems like I've been finishing a lot of stuff lately!  Last night I finished my Flourish shawl at knit night:


I'm really happy with how this shawl came out, it was a fun knit too.  The only thing that I would do differently next time would be the bind off.  The bind off in the pattern is a purl based, SUPER stretchy and loose bind off that I'm not in love with.  Loose is usually good but if it's too loose, the edges start to curl up, even after blocking.  Ah well, good thing stuff like that doesn't drive me crazy!  I'm looking forward to wearing this cute shawl with Spring dresses and light cardis! 

Details:

Pattern:  Flourish by Rose Beck, available on Ravelry and Etsy.  

Yarn:  less than 2 skeins of Berroco Weekend in the Grape colorway.

Size:  Medium

Mods:  None



-kala

12 comments:

Lela said...

It's very lovely!

affectioknit said...

Gorgeous!

Emma K. Nolan said...

Love it! I need to make more purple things myself. And try that yarn!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful! Someday I'll gather the courage to knit up something lacy. Well done.

photoknitdog said...

It's so pretty and you look super cute modeling it. :)

And I just laughed because I posted a picture of my new hat design and I'm sitting on my sister's chair... the same exact one you're sitting on! LOL!

Sally said...

This is beautiful! I am just a slow knitter...I feel like it would take me forever to make a shawl or a sweater.

Shannon O. said...

That turned out so nice. Great job!

Patricia said...

Pretty! I love the way you chose to wear it too.

JFibers said...

You've been a busy little girl!!! You look super cute!

Jamie said...

Awesome finish! It is so pretty!

Rachel said...

Looks great, and I love the purple with your green cardi!

WorstedKnitt said...

Well done, very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...