Monday, February 07, 2011

Here We Go Again!

If you've been a reader of my blog for a while, you may remember a sweater that I started last year for my husband.  He loved how my Cobblestone came out and really wanted one for himself.  So I tracked down some Tatamy Tweed Worsted green yarn and cast on for my first husband sweater.  And then the doom began!  I didn't swatch because I had knit this sweater before, with the same yarn (in a different color) and assumed I would get gauge with the same needles.  WRONG!  The bit that I finished came out huge and loose so I had to rip it all out.  And then the project went into time out, you know how that is, right?  Well, I finally decided to give it another try and last night I cast on again (after doing a gauge swatch of course).  Here's my progress shot:


The yarn is nicer in person, more of a rich green, although my camera doesn't seem to agree today!  Oh, and of course I lost the issue of Interweave that the pattern was published in and had to purchase the single pattern on Ravelry.  But that's ok, that just means the sweater will be $5 more awesome, ha!

-kala

7 comments:

Michele Chastain said...

Best of luck to you! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I have so many projects going at once...making myself crazier than usual LOL

JFibers said...

OMG 49 comments... You are so lucky to be able to take photos during the day. Even if the green isn't exactly right, it looks pretty close.

Emma K. Nolan said...

Yep, been there. I like your projects with Tatamy Tweed, but I don't think I've seen it anywhere. Maybe one of these days I'll order some.

photoknitdog said...

Have fun knitting up the sweater again... I'm not sure I could knit a sweater pattern twice. I get bored so easily!

That does suck about the gauge... it's funny how your gauge changes with time!

Lela said...

I love the yarn! Looks so cozy.

affectioknit said...

It is a lovely green! I'm sure it will be awesome!

iknitandbead said...

Fingers-crossed that this one goes smoothly! The yarn is fantastic...if it looks this good in the photo, I can only imagine what it's like in person!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...