Thursday, February 10, 2011

Knit Picks Chart Keeper - A Review

A few months ago, while working on a pair of charted lace socks, I started to go a little crazy trying to keep track of what round I was on.  My usual method was to place a piece of scrap paper over the pattern to help me keep track, but as you can imagine, that's not a perfect system.  So after a bit of research, I decided to order the Knitting Chart Keeper from Knit Picks:


The Keeper is shown above holding an intarsia pattern and as you can see, the keeper stands up for easy reading and holds your pattern using long magnets that are included with your keeper.  I'm more than happy with my Chart Keeper, it was very reasonably priced ($9.99) and folds up nicely for storage or for take along projects:

 
If you're getting into lace knitting or colorwork, I would definitely recommend the Chart Keeper, it's cute, functional, and affordable, gotta love that!  My only wish is that Knit Picks would come out with a bigger version, while I love the current keeper, I'd love to have one that would work for large full sheet patterns!

Do you guys have a Chart Keeper or some kind of system for keeping track of charts?

-kala

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

That's just what I need!

nightpaws said...

I use a semi-transparent ruler to keep my place on large charts and then when I take a break from knitting, I write down the row number I was on.
It's very low tech, but it works (as long as I don't lose my notes, which I sometimes do).

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

I love my chart keeper too! Is your long magnet kind of bent? That can get a tad confusing on really long charts. hehe

VeganCraftastic said...

Sarah, I don't think my magnet is bent, I just didn't take the time to make it straight for the picture, oops!

Aubree said...

hmm..i've been thinking of getting this...but that's more stuff to keep track of...maybe *after* the boxes are unpacked in the new house!

Emma K. Nolan said...

Looks useful to me, I'd like one. I'll have to add it to my wishlist!

sheepishlittleblog said...

I haven't found a chart management device that I like, yet. I'm a fairly fast knitter, so stopping every row to move a magnet or a post-it would drive me crazy. I do a lot of complex lace and colorwork, but I just keep track by looking at what I did the row before the one I'm doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...