Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finished Knit: Dashing

I may have not made much progress on my husband's sweater lately (I'm stranded on sleeve island) but I did knit him a nice pair of fingerless mitts to keep him warm during this Minnesota Spring weather:


I joked on twitter that I caused a cold snap because I knit something warm for my husband and should have knit him a tube top instead so it would be warm and sunny :)  But something tells me he wouldn't appreciate that...

I knit these mitts using the Dashing pattern from Knitty and they were a quick and easy knit, there are only three cable rounds on each mitt, so it's a great project for knit night or tv watching time.  The yarn is one skein of Everyday Soft from Premiere, a really soft and nice to work with acrylic.  When making things for my husband, washable is key! 

And as an aside, his hands aren't as pale in real life as in this photo, the bright sun reflecting on the snow was making everything super bright and reflective.  Although my half Finnish half Swedish husband is pretty dang pale, he doesn't glow in the dark as this picture might lead you to believe, ha ha!

-kala

10 comments:

Oddity:86 said...

They look great and so cozy!

CupcakeCatie said...

They do look super warm! : )

JFibers said...

I disagree. I've seen him in real life and do believe he DOES glow in the dark. That's how I found him the last time I lost him...

treewool said...

Lovely! I've been meaning to make a pair of Dashings for my boy to match the Fetchings I made for myself.

Emmakat said...

This makes me wanna knit these again! That yarn looks soft and comfy.

Ainsley said...

those are so cute!

missmuffcake said...

good job!

Jamie said...

These look great! I've never done cables before. Would this be a good beginner pattern?

VeganCraftastic said...

Jamie - this is a perfect pattern if you'd never cabled before, you only have to do it a few times for each mitten :)

cseneque said...

Gorgeous! I've always thought this was such a cute pattern--I may have to actually get off my butt and knit a pair now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...