Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Must See Movie: Paul


As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I absolutely love the move Paul!  The husband and I went to see it on Monday and it was fantastic, even better than I thought it would be.  Starring Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and the voice of Seth Rogan, Paul is a comedy about two nerdy friends on a road trip following Comic-Con that turns into more of an adventure than they bargained for when they meet up with the alien Paul. 

If you're a fan of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's other films like Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz , then you'll love this one too, those guys just have perfect comedic chemistry!  The movie is FULL of geeky jokes that the nerdy among us will definitely appreciate.  I will warn you though, only about 5-10% of the audience seemed to get most of the jokes, so if you're not into geek culture, sci fi, or anything too nerdy, this might not be the movie for you.  But to my geeky readers out there, go see this movie immediately, it's a ton of fun and hilarious!

-kala

5 comments:

Tsuki aka LittleGrayFox said...

I love Simon and Nick. Shaun of the Dead is one of my faves. I'm sure I'll see Paul just because I love those boys so much!

I'll never forget when the boypiece and I met them at a private screening for Hot Fuzz. He totally shoved his foot in his mouth and offended Nick Frost. I still remind him of it. It was funny, but poor Nick looked heartbroken when my man told him his (Nick's)favorite part of the movie wasn't funny to him! haha

Great guys, very friendly and funny as hell!

Lynnette (from Ravelry) said...

I agree, Simon and Nick are geeky wonders. If it's not working for the mainstream audience... I should probably go see this one before it disappears from the theaters.

JFibers said...

Can't wait to see this... do you think I'm geeky enough?

CupcakeCatie said...

I cant wait to see that movie! : )

Claire said...

So looking forward to finally watching this!
I really love Simon and Nick together!
I only watched spaced for the 1st time about 3 months ago!
Wush there were more series

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...