Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spicy Sriracha Hummus

I thought it was time to share my go-to hummus recipe, Spicy Sriracha Hummus!  I make hummus veggie wraps once a week for dinner (it's a great dinner on the go meal) and lately, it's been all about the spicy.  Sriracha is one of the most used condiments in our house, for those not familiar, it's a somewhat spicy Thai hot sauce that usually comes in a big squeeze bottle.  Sriracha is affectionately known in our house as "squeezy" :)  Here's my recipe, hope you enjoy it!



Spicy Sriracha Hummus

1 - 16 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed

3 cloves garlic, peeled

2 TB lemon juice

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1 TB tahini

1/3 cup Sriracha (use less if you want a milder hummus)

Throw everything into a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.  Enjoy in wraps, with pita, or with fresh veggies!

-kala

18 comments:

affectioknit said...

That looks really good!

Jamie said...

That sounds AMAZING!

missmuffcake said...

I have this on my 'to eat' list!

mangocheeks said...

I like all things spicy and I really like Sriarcha, but would never have thought of adding it to hummus, now I will. Thank you so much.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh, yum!

JFibers said...

DEEEEEEEEELICIOUSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

a veggie table said...

i am so doing this! my almost empty bottle of sriracha is my favorite thing in my kitchen.

Sally said...

I can't wait to try making this! I love hummus and it is so much nicer to be able to make my own...then I know exactly what is in it and when it was made.

shamrockvegan said...

Sriracha is always a good idea. Always.

Emmakat said...

Yep, big fans of sriracha here! This is a great idea, we will have to try it!

eyebehold said...

I used to make hummus all the time, and your post reminded me of how good it is... :)

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

YUMMMM this sounds great!!

cseneque said...

I'm embarassed to say I've never actually tried sriracha--it's on the list! I love me a good spicy hummus.

Jennifer Rutherford said...

It was FANTASTIC!!! My husband made some for us last night. We used to make it with Chipotle peppers but the siracha is a much better fit in the hummus. Thanks for the recipe...it is now officially in our family cookbook!

yoel said...

This looks amazing! Not only do I have a giant bottle of sri at home, I have one at work! Yum yum yum. I'll definitely be trying this recipe!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Holy smokes, that's some spicy hummus! Sounds awesome though!

Anonymous said...

Woah, and I thought I liked it spicy! Had to dial down the spice with some yogurt, but still an awesome combination...thanks!

Anonymous said...

SO delicious! Had to add a bit more lemon juice to tang it up a bit but has a great heat to it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...