Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Vegan Almond Butter Cookies

I actually made these cookies a few weeks ago, but I've been bad about food blogging lately!  These yummy little morsels are the almond butter cookies from the book The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur
by Kelly Peloza:


What I love about these cookies, and the banana cookies I also made from this book, is that they aren't overly sweet.  They're the kind of cookies that really grow on you, but they don't punch you in the face with sugary flavor.  And really, I can do without being punched in the face by a cookie ;)  I did add chocolate chips though, but there are few cookies that I won't add chocolate to!

The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur is a great book full of some really unique cookies, I look forward to making the Double Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, Oatmeal Cream Pies, Chocolate Peppermint Cream Bars, and Root Beer Float Cookies.  Yay to my awesome husband for buying this great book for me!

The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur: Over 140 Simply Delicious Recipes That Treat the Eyes and Taste Buds


-kala

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

They look delicious! I'm sure I would add chocolate chips too...

Tiffany said...

Mmmm sounds delightful! I need to get my hands on a copy of this book... :D

Melissa said...

Hello! I wanted to let you know that I awarded you the "Stylish Bloggers Award" on my blog. http://thestylemd.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

Thanks for having a great blog!

JFibers said...

Which ones are you making March 12th?

JFibers said...

p.s. I would prefer cookies not to punch me in the face either... they can pinch, but punching is just not allowed....

Jamie said...

Yum, my mouth is watering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...