Monday, April 04, 2011

Little Coffee Bean Sweater!

Did I just knit an entire baby sweater in two days? Yes indeed!


My friend Kelaine is collecting handknits for a charity auction to benefit cancer research, so I thought I'd take some time off from evening Etsy work and whip up something cute.  I didn't need to knit it in two days, but I thought it would be best to take advantage of the upswing in my knitting mojo. 

The pattern is called Little Coffee Bean and was super fun to knit.  It's your basic top down raglan, with cute stripes to keep you interested.  I used two fantastic vegan yarns for this project, the brown is Cotton Ease in Taupe and the blue is Knit Picks' Simply Cotton Worsted (organic cotton) in Wave Heather, both of which I had in my yarn stash.  I was also lucky enough to have these cute orange buttons in my knitting supplies, so I managed to make this cutie with 100% materials I already had on hand, bonus!



-kala 

24 comments:

sheknitupthat said...

Oh that is SO cute!

Cabootique said...

That is too cute! I love the colors.

affectioknit said...

So Adorable!

Jamie said...

So adorable

Ammie said...

This is so darling. Those bright buttons really set it off! Sweet!

meredith said...

Adorable! Keep up with your knitting groove and start something new! Can't wait to see!

Randi said...

Very cute! Love the perspective in these photos - almost looks like a little cropped cardi for yourself.

Rachel said...

It's so cute : ) Love the stripes!

JFibers said...

Very nicely done and quite the stash buster. I'm so proud!

Fash Boulevard said...

Hey Kala. I love this, sooo cute. I'm so excited that I found your blog. I'm completely following now, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

pearlslaceandruffles said...

Oh my gosh that is all kinds of adorable! I knew it would turn out cute. Great work lady! xoxo

www.pearlslaceandruffles.com

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Oh that is too cute!!

Patricia said...

What a sweet little sweater!

ColorSlut said...

So freaking cute. Adorable!!!

Miss Julep said...

LOVE it!!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

It's ADORABLE!!!! Knit in two days - how amazing is that! Good luck with the action ~

lilmamad said...

It's beautiful! I love this sweater pattern! I knit it for my daughter when I was preggo with her and would knit it again in a heartbeat!

fal00la said...

What a cutie patootie of a sweater!! :D

rachel said...

a-dorable! I love the bright buttons. tiny baby knits always make me smile.

ana said...

adorable! :D

Hannah said...

Eek, so adorable! I wish there was a tiny person in my life that I could knit this pattern for.

Oddity:86 said...

That is so cute, I love the color combo. :)

Kim said...

Adorable!

Monique said...

Ok that is very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...