Friday, April 08, 2011

A Night Out: The Raveonettes!


Last night I got to scratch another band off my must see bucket list - The Raveonettes!  I've loved them for years, but something always prevented me from seeing them live the few times they're rolled into town.  I'm gonna go ahead and blame my husband's evil work schedule for that!  But the stars alligned this time and the Raveonettes played the Fine Line on a day that my husband had off from work.

The show was awesome, and I got to hear some of my favorite songs which is always good.  I think the only thing taking away from the experience was the venue, the Fine Line might be my least favorite place to see a show in the Twin Cities, it's small, the sound system isn't great, and the place is just designed oddly.  But even with that, The Raveonettes were made of awesome!




The new album Raven In The Grave is great, I've been listening to it a ton in my car!  If you're new to the band and want to give them a go, I would say pick up either the new album to check out their most current sound, or pick up Chain Gang Of Love for their classic sound.  Chain Gang of Love is one of my all time favorite albums so you really can't go wrong with that one :)

-kala

9 comments:

Gina Guillotine said...

ZOMG! Lucky. I LOVE the Raveonettes! So cool. Glad you had fun!

Emmakat said...

Oooh, that would be a good show! I haven't seen them yet, but we listen to them all the time, though I have yet to check out the newest album.

CupcakeCatie said...

Wow! super lucky!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

love this band! I've never seen them perform & am happy to hear that they put on a great show! & yay that you finally got to see them!

pearlslaceandruffles said...

I never heard of this band! May have to check 'em out :) xo

Melissa said...

I just discovered your blog! I'm a vegan knitter too, so I was googling vegan yarns for sweaters and your blog came up. Love it!

Trekky said...

The Raveonettes are great! Sharin Foo is fantastic! Must get the new album! Lovely blog BTW :)

urban muser said...

yay for you! sounds like fun.

missmuffcake said...

They are great in concert - we saw them a few years ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...