Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Sewing Inspiration - Fashion

While we've been having a bit of a cold snap here in Minnesota, my mind still wanders to the possibilities of new Spring clothes.  More than any other season, Spring is a time when I can't resist adding a few new pieces to my wardrobe.  It's not surprising really, Winter isn't exactly a stylish season, especially if you live in an area that has epic winters like we do!  It's hard to be inspired to wear anything cute when it just gets covered up by a heavy coat and snow boots.  Now that the warmer months are here, I'm inspired to do a bit of apparel sewing.  Here are three cute dresses that I would love to add to my wardrobe:

Ceylon from Colette Patterns.  This vintage inspired dress is amazing, the detail on the top is super adorable!



Simplicity 2178 Cynthia Rowley Collection.  I love the shoulder detail on this dress, it adds a bit of fun and interest to an otherwise simple piece.



Simplicity 2250 Cynthia Rowley Collection.  Yup, another Cynthia Rowley and I love it!  The detail on the top of the dress is really cute, I even love the fabric they used for the sample, the stripes work really well with the design.





Which one is your fave?

-kala


10 comments:

emeraldkrystal said...

I have fallen in love with the Collette Patterns. I just don't know how hard it would be to adjust the pattern for my... not so busty bust... The vintage feel of their patterns is well balanced with a modern look.

Janelle Haskin said...

I'd love to wear all of those dresses, so cute! :)

xo
Janelle

www.janellehaskin.etsy.com

Danielle said...

The first and last! Love the orange color of the first dress

meredith said...

Ooh I definitely love the first one! All of them are super cute though!

GiGi said...

They are all terrific. Love the tangerine color and vintage feel of the first one and the fun bow of the third. Great picks.

JFibers said...

ohhhhhhhhhh... you should do the first one because i was going to say the same exact thing as kathy and i want to see how your little ladies will look it in... hee hee hee.... hugs!

Vanessa said...

I love the first one but buttons and my bust don't tend to get along very well.

Sara said...

Oh, I love the 2178 - love the shoulder thing it has going...too bad I'm way to old to wear it - but, I think it will look wonderful on you!

Stacie said...

I think I'm in love with the top one...so retro and pin up styled! I'm a sucker for that kind of look.

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

oh wow! I love the Ceylon!! great details.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...