Friday, April 29, 2011

Vitamin D

First of all, for anyone who got to this post hoping for info about getting more vitamin d in their diet, sorry, this one's about knitting!  I totally blame the ladies at knit night, because I'm kinda obsessed with knitting the Vitamin D sweater:



Here's the front:



Nice, right?  I'm always looking for nice cardis to wear over tanks and dresses and this looks like a great candidate.  And even better, the designer is donating 100% of the proceeds from her pattern sales through the end of May to the Red Cross for Japan disaster relief, gotta love that!  So if you think you might want to knit this super cute sweater, make sure you buy the pattern before the end of May, even if you knit it later than that. 

I'm not sure what yarn I'll be using, it calls for sport weight which I haven't used much of.  I think a blog post all about vegan sport weight yarns might be in order!

-kala

10 comments:

affectioknit said...

I love it! What colour will you use?

VeganCraftastic said...

I don't know yet, I'd love it in black, but I don't know if I'd love knitting a whole sweater with black yarn :)

treewool said...

ooo. So cute.

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

this one caught my eye too but I'm skeptical. It looks like it might be difficult to wear. I'd love to see how you pull it off when it's finished!

Rachel said...

wow, I love the flowy front of this sweater! very pretty!

evaowl said...

Lovely - will make you really trendy and help other people too.
I've also purchased the pattern and I'm going to knit it before summer, because it looks like a nice summer nights friend.

peacefullyknitting.com said...

Now that's an awesome cardi! Thanks for sharing Kala :)

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

LOVE this cardi!! & I have sport weight yarn coming out of the woodwork.

Sara said...

That is really beautiful! It is going to be so pretty...

Ainsley said...

i lovelovelove that mustard color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...