Sunday, May 01, 2011

Craftstravaganza 2011!



Yesterday I had the pleasure of shopping at the first big craft show of the year here in the Twin Cities, Craftstravaganza, with my friend Tracy!  We got there nice and early and made our way through all of the fantastic booths, we even got to try our hand at weaving with the help of La Crumpet.  Here's Tracy on the Cricket Loom:



I had a try at the loom too, it was fun and tempts me to save up for a Cricket Loom of my own!  Because I really need to take up another yarn craft, right? 

There was just about any kind of vendor you could think of at the show, even a few yarn sellers.  Luckily for my budget, there was no vegan yarn to be had :)  Tracy and I both picked up some awesome greeting cards from Zeichen Press and Colette Paperie, both ladies behind the booths were also incredibly friendly, gotta love that!  I picked up a gift and card for my husband who just got a new job that we're very excited about (don't worry, his gift won't be spoiled, he doesn't read my blog):



The card is from Zeichen Press and the little creature is from Trigo.  He's made from recycled bike tires and clips onto your bike, perfect for my husband since he'll be able to bike commute to his new job!


The Minnesota Center for Book Arts also had a fun little make and take project, handmade buttons!  It was fun, they used the exact same machine I use for my buttons :)  The had a nice selection of magazines and vintage books out for people to choose their images from, Tracy made a cute lichen button and I made this little penguin:




I bought a few other goodies too, there's just too much to share :) Overall, I had a whole lotta fun with Tracy and I got to meet her new husband too, bonus!  Last year I spent Craftstravaganza with Jen, Aubree, Flannery, and my husband, so it's becoming a lovely annual tradition to shop handmade with my favorite people!

-kala  

  

7 comments:

missmuffcake said...

I love craft shows! :)

knitntrix said...

What a fantastic day it was, Kala! I'm so happy I got to share it with you--and that I made it onto your blog! I can't stop thinking about the Cricket, either...

Victoria said...

Looks like it was a great show! It's really neat that they had a lot of hands-on stuff too... I don't think I've seen that before, but it's a great idea!

knottygal said...

Looks like you had a great day. A few Ravelers are planning to go craft-shopping next week and I am looking forward to it.

GiGi said...

What fun. Nifty goodies for the husband too!

Monique said...

I wish we had really big and fun craft shows in my city. Hope you had fun.

Sara said...

Looks like an awesome show...I love to go to craft shows and festivals...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...