Thursday, May 26, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Sauce!

This week I made something new, homemade chocolate sauce!  I love a bit of chocolate sauce on a bowl of vegan ice cream so I thought I'd try my hand at making my own, here are the delicious results:



Yum!  The recipe I used was called The Best Chocolate Sauce from David Lebovitz.  I cut the recipe in half because I was running low on cocoa powder and it made the perfect amount of sauce.  I would say that unless you have kids or are living with more than one or two people, cutting the recipe in half is best. 

So far I've used the sauce on vanilla vegan cream and in soy milk and it was delicious both ways, much more chocolaty than the stuff you buy in stores.  It seems that I've been on a bit of a sauce/condiment making kick lately, I also made blueberry sauce and homemade mustard.  As soon as I get my canning gear, jams and jellies are next!

-kala

6 comments:

Crunchy Diva said...

your chocolate sauce looks yummy! i'll have to try that for use in soy milk & with one boy that loves his soy milk i think i'll need the full recipe...lol.

CupcakeCatie said...

Ill have to try this! : )

Ammie said...

Yum! It's a hot day here, and you've reminded me not to put off eating ice cream until the cool evening. A hot afternoon perfectly calls for an ice cream and chocolate sauce retreat.

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

wow! that looks & sounds amazing! I also love the idea of the food swap from a few posts back!
yummy as usual on your blog!

Sarah B. said...

Yum! You had me at chocolate, haha :)

Hannah said...

Fantastic! I don't often use chocolate sauce on ice cream, but I love mixing it up into vegan "egg cream" sodas. Mmm, nostalgic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...