Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vegan Breakfast in a Jar

Since I'm not a morning person, not even a little bit, I'm always looking for easy ways for my husband and I to get a good breakfast in without much effort.  And if I can prepare breakfast the night before, even better!  So I was thrilled when I read this post from the awesome blog Food in Jars about making breakfast parfaits in a jar.  Here's what I came up with:




So last night I started with two clean jars and added uncooked rolled oats, plain soy yogurt, strawberry jam, blueberries, and walnuts.  In the morning, I stirred everything up before I ate it, and it was delicious!  I'll definitely have this again, it was easy to prepare the night before, and it's just really fun to eat straight out of a jar :)



-kala 


13 comments:

spinndiva said...

This is just toooooo delicious not to steal and make for myself! :D

affectioknit said...

That really does look yummy! I like raw oats too...

Jamie said...

So brilliant!

Sara said...

Ditto what Jamie said! This is going to be so wonderful when school starts back up!!

in metal jewelry said...

what a great idea!! and i'm sure my 4 year old son would love to make his own. yum!

vi0let said...

Sounds delicious, and pretty close to what I eat most mornings :) usually oats, walnuts, plain soy yoghurt and syrup.

Another one of our favourites is to mix about 1dl oats with 1,5dl soy milk, leave it in the fridge overnight and eat in the morning with some berries or banana. It's like the no-cooking -version of porridge.

ana said...

looks so yummy & such a great idea. i just might be doing this as well.

Crunchy Diva said...

what a great idea & those look so yummy. i agree if i can get my behind in gear & prepare the night before my moring goes so much more smoothly...BUT the key is me actually doing it...lol

Monique said...

This looks great and I will be making some!

Stacie said...

looks delish!

Marisa said...

I'm so glad to hear you like that idea! It's still one of my favorite ways to eat breakfast.

theravegan said...

This could be the answer to my breakfast issues. Thanks so much!

Cassidy said...

ah perfect! I've been searching for convenient healthy vegan foods to bring to work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...