Saturday, May 28, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread



Banana bread is one of those odd foods that I love but can really only eat a few times a year.  It's super yummy, but is so....banana-ish :)  Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I'm like that with certain foods, watermelon for example, I like to eat once every five years or so.  So yeah, I might be weird....

Anyway, last night my husband and I made 2 mini loaves of chocolate chip banana bread from a recipe in the book the Compassionate Cook: Or, "Please Don't Eat the Animals!" It's an old favorite because it's really simple and we usually have all of the ingredients on hand.  I like mine slathered in a bit of peanut butter and jelly:

 

How do you like to eat your banana bread?

-kala

9 comments:

Stacie said...

yum! I'm a big fan of peanut butter on my banana bread too. I love adding mix ins as well...I've become fond of throwing in dried cranberries when I bake banana bread (or raisins...or nuts...or whatever the heck is rolling around in the cupboard).

GiGi said...

I think the pb is calling my name. I make banana chocolate chip jumbo muffins (nanaramas) and like yiour bread they are so good they can stand alone, but hmmm if Mr. Pb is available we'll take him!

quinn said...

Banana bread and carrot cake - love them both, but only about once yearly!

CupcakeCatie said...

This is one to try here soon, yummy! :)

Impossible Alice said...

omg, that sounds so good! I could eat banana bread/cake all the time!

parchet lemn said...

I can eat this every day, i don`t have any problem with that. Can you give us the recipe please?

Elisabeth said...

Yummy! I love chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate covered bananas and chocolate banana pudding. Chocolate and banana go together so well :-) By the way, you have a really nice shop, I ♥ all the cute things that you make!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

love love love banana bread! I like mine toasted w/ jam on it.

Cassidy said...

I love chocolate chip banana bread!
Looks delicious, I feel inspired to bake some myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...