Friday, May 06, 2011

A Whole Lot to Celebrate!

This month is all about celebrating - it marks my 10th year as a vegan, my husband's 16th year as a vegan, and the start of a new job for my husband!  That's a lot to be happy about :)  And what better way to celebrate than with cupcakes, right?  Here's what I made:


I made the Black Velvet Cupcakes from Hannah Kaminsky's new book Vegan Desserts: Sumptuous Sweets for Every Season.  And holy cow, these cupcakes are amazing!  They're a yummy take on red velvet cupcakes, but they're much better than the bright red, bland red sweets they're improving on.  The black velvet cupcakes are made with a generous amount of blackberry puree which gives the cakes a wonderful flavor.  The cupcakes are frosted with a vegan cream cheese frosting that is also delicious.  I couldn't resist the urge to add a little color to the frosting, so I added a teeny bit of blackberry puree for a suble pink hue :)


The cupcakes are also really moist which I love, I can't wait to try out more recipes from this great book! 

-kala

10 comments:

Miss Julep said...

Congratulations on the happy anniversaries and happenings! The cupcake looks so pretty and tasty!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! What wonderful things to celebrate. :) The cupcake does look moist and so cute with its pink frosting and own little stand.

Hannah said...

Wow, that is a lot to commemorate all at once- Congratulations and happy anniversaries! I'm amazed at how quickly you've started baking from the book, and thrilled that you liked the cupcakes! That alone makes my day. :)

missmuffcake said...

Nice and I love your stand! I have a matching lil saucer from them! :)

Jamie said...

Wow! Your celebratory cupcakes look delicious!! Congrats on all of the good things going on!

Jamie said...

yum - and big congrats

rinebird said...

I like that the cupcakes are moist.I have had vegan bakes goods & love them.I want the new book.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

these cupcakes sound amazing!! & what great photos!!

Brittany said...

Gotta love celebrating with cupcakes!!! These sound fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...