Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Your Cheatin' Heart

You know, I'd like to say that I've been making amazing progress on my Rock Island shawl, maybe even that I'm done with the edging.  Well, I could say that, but I'd be a dirty rotten liar!  I've been a naughty knitter and have been cheating on my Rock Island with something a little more simple.  It's like I'm two timing a brooding, intellectual, complicated guy with his hot but not so bright friend.  Here's what I've been working on:



I'm sure a fair amount of knitters know that this is a Clapotis!  This is my very first Clapotis, I don't know why I've never knit one, it's a really fun pattern and a great use for crazy yarn.  I'm using Blue Moon Fiber Art's Sock Candy in the Otterpop colorway, and boy is it bright!  And as soon as this is done I'm going right back to Rock Island.  I really do like the pattern, it's just....laceweight is so thin! 

-kala 

11 comments:

Craftzilla said...

Looks great--the colours are fantastic! I gotta try that pattern too, one of these days!

Miss Julep said...

Ooooo, so pretty!!! I've never knit a Clapotis either but have had it in my queue for a long while.

Flannery said...

For the first time ever, I might be knitting a pattern faster than you! That said, I love that clapotis!

Crunchy Diva said...

love that yarn such pretty colours. i haven't knitted a clapotis either, but it is in my to do list.

Jamie said...

Love, love the colors

Rachel said...

I love the colors in that yarn! I've never knit the clapotis either, but I've bookmarked it and even printed the instructions a long time ago... I really should make one as I'm such a scarf-lover!

sheknitupthat said...

It took me a couple of years to get around to making one too and when I did I said the same! It is a FAB pattern :D

Megan said...

That is gorgeous! Love those colors!

Lina said...

This is beyond lovely!!! The colors are great. I'm currently knitting my first Clapotis as well but I'm so bored with it! Maybe your pretty one will be the incentive I need to start it up again. :)

Lina
photoknitdog.com

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

I recall many years ago a blog post that I wrote that used this very same analogy in reference to knitting::

"It's like I'm two timing a brooding, intellectual, complicated guy with his hot but not so bright friend."

I nearly choked on my tea when I read this! haha you are awesome Kala!

urban muser said...

i've never made one of those before--yours looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...