Friday, June 17, 2011

Blueberry Anticipation!

I haven't had much time to blog lately, but I had to grab a bit of time to share a couple of great deals with you guys!  If you love fresh yummy blueberries as much as I do, you'll want to check out your local Whole Foods today, they're having a big sale on organic blueberries ($1.99 a pint!)  I'll be picking some up before my cake decorating class this evening, I plan on turning some into freezer jam, and maybe some blueberry sauce.  What are some of your favorite blueberry recipes?



This morning, I also purchased a Living Social deal for Ace Hardware.  No, I'm not looking to get into home repair or anything like that, Ace is a great place to buy canning supplies!  I've picked up jars and a canning kit (that I haven't used yet) at Ace, and they also have a wide assortment of fun cooking/baking stuff.  I may or may not have a selection of dinosaur cookie cutters that I bought at Ace :)  So if you're local, check out today's Living Social deal, especially if you're into canning, cooking, gardening, or even home repair/diy!

-kala   

5 comments:

all things * jane said...

Yum!! Isn't berry season the best? You should try making a blueberry rhubarb crisp [what do you substitute for butter?], they're really tasty!

Rachel said...

Yay for blueberries! We've had a similar deal at our store here and have had blueberries every night for a week! Delicious.

Sally said...

Thanks for the blueberry tip! I was debating whether I wanted to make a trip to Whole Foods today or not, and the blueberries sealed the deal!

foodfeud said...

Arg, I know! I missed the sale and will be eternally upset.

Janis said...

yummy, I wanna have blueberry icecream!

PS.: Come enter my giveaway: http://janimie.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...