Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Busy Pants!

Lately things have been all sorts of busy!  Sunday, my group of knitter friends decided to have our own food swap, inspired by the Minneapolis Swappers.  Our swap was much more casual though, we didn't bother with a bidding system or anything, so it was a lot of fun!  Here's what my husband and I made to bring to the swap:



On Saturday, we made classic hummus, chipotle hummus, chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate sauce, oatmeal cookies, and jalapeno corn bread.  We came home with homemade pickles, gala apple dressing, taco seasoning, bbq rub, watermelon syrup, and more.

Yesterday, I finally go to meet one of my blogger/knitter/ravelry friends, Yoel of Yoel Knits!  We did a bit of yarn shopping at Depth of Field and then had dinner at the downtown Pizza Luce.  She was super nice and it was great to finally meet her:

    

The rest of the week looks like it's going to be quite busy too, I have cake decorating classes for the next 4 days.  I'm really looking forward to that, I'm hoping it'll be super fun and my decorating skills will be elevated to at least a little bit above Cake Wreck status :)

-kala

7 comments:

Amber @ Zombie Cats Eating Plants said...

yum. i wish i was the recipient of some of your swap goodies. =D that is an awesome idea. i think im gonna try to gather some tampa people to do a fun vegan food swap. :)

Lita said...

Looks like amazing FUN!! yahoo..enjoy the cake class!

foodfeud said...

The swap sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I had a group to do that with.

Melissa said...

Did you knit that bolero/cami that you're wearing? I love it..if so, please direct me to a pattern :)

VeganCraftastic said...

Melissa - nope, it's store bought, sorry! That piece is the thing that always gets that question though :)

Jennifer said...

The food swap sounds like fun, and chocolate chip banana bread sounds pretty tasty. What a great way to try everyone else's tasty eats!

Ana said...

I still dont quite understand the food swap concept vs a potluck, but I'm trying to figure it out! It sounds fun.

I hope you share some cake decorating photos with us!

- Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...