Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finished Knit: Sweetie Pie Socks!


By some sort of miracle, I actually finished knitting something!  OK, it's sort of cheating though, because this pair of socks was a UFO that only needed a few rounds on the foot and a toe on one sock to be done.  But I needed to have that accomplished feeling of "yay, I finished something" so I knocked these out while catching up on Game of Thrones.

It will be months (not as many as I'd like though) before it's cold enough for handknit socks, but these will come in handy on chilly Fall and Winter days.  The pattern is a free one I designed a while ago, the Sweetie Pie Socks. I used some Panda Cotton I had in my stash and US size 1.5 dpns.  I think this is the third pair of Sweetie Pies I've made, I love the simple four round stitch pattern and they fit me really well, gotta love that! 

Finished anything lately?

-kala

9 comments:

Stacey said...

love them!

Randi said...

I haven't finished a thing lately. I'm in a phase of starting up new stuff to distract me from long stretches of boring progress on half-done stuff. Love these socks - great color, too!

foodfeud said...

No I have NOT finished anything lately! I'm slowly working on a hybrid dress, which I guess is almost done but I'm being lazy about it. Anyway, love the socks and I agree with Randi - great color.

quinn said...

Sooo pretty! I can see why you like to knit them :)

Last weekend I finished a pair of socks that, to my surprise, needed only about 15 minutes of knitting and then grafting both toes. As you said, it will be a while before they go into the Sock Rotation, but I did post pictures on ravelry - partly because my new baby cashmere goats were helping with the photoshoot!

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/quinn/waving-lace-socks

Sara said...

What's this "finish" of which you speak?

The socks look great. I wish I could learn to like panda cotton. :-(

Melissa said...

I love the pattern and the colour! I'm knitting round the clock to get that "I finally finished" feeling, because I want to start something new. It never seems to go quickly when you're concentrating on finishing though, does it? The project closest to being finished is a baby cardigan done entirely in seed stitch, what was I thinking!! lol

Sara said...

I have got to knit those - they are really cute...

You did an excellent job - plus I love, love the color...

Lina said...

These are so cute!

And how awesome is Game of Thrones? Love!

ColorSlut said...

Those are sweet socks. They fit perfect and have a little fem-flair that is lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...