Saturday, June 04, 2011

Spicy Gluten Free Noodle Salad

Tonight's dinner was made of gluten free awesomeness:


I don't eat a gluten free diet, but I think a little variety is nice so I like to try gluten free recipes from time to time.  Tonight I tried Spicy Asian Noodles from a recipe from the Healthy Green Kitchen blog.  I originally stumbled upon this dish on foodgawker, that site is really great for food inspiration. 

My husband and I prepared this dish together, and we ended up following the recipe pretty closely.  We used rice noodles made from black rice just for fun :)  We also subbed tahini for the almond butter because that's what we had in the fridge.  The salad came out really yummy and I'd definitely have it again, it's a great warm weather meal!

-kala

3 comments:

Meg said...

That looks delicious. Are those buckwheat noodles?

VeganCraftastic said...

Nope, they're made from black rice!

affectioknit said...

YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...