Sunday, July 10, 2011

Casting On and a Small Harvest

I maaay have cast on for a new shawl this week:



I was a little bored with the plain stockinette socks I have on the needles, so I decided that a new shawl was in order.  So I finally cast on for a Multnomah, I've been wanting to knit one for ages but could never decide on yarn, don't you hate that?  I'm really loving it so far, it's mindless and perfect for those spare moments that I get to knit for a bit and watch tv.  Also, I'm throwing some stripes in because it seemed like a good idea.  Stripes are always a good idea though, right?

In parking lot garden news, my yellow cherry tomatoes have been ripening!  I've harvested 8 so far and there are a few more on the edge of readiness!






In fitness news, I've been working hard on my strength goal that I wrote about earlier.  I've been keeping up with the 30 Day Shred and can already feel a difference, I'm able to do about 15 modified push ups in a row, compared with the 3 I could do when I started!  Yesterday I threw some yoga into the mix which was a real challenge in the hot living room, but it made my back feel amazing so it was worth it.  Today will be the 5th day of the 30 Day Shred (I'm only counting days that I do the workout, I took one day off to let my muscles recover) - I wonder how long I'll have to do it before I can move on to level 2, level 1 is still mega butt kicking challenging!

-kala  

11 comments:

pentalia said...

Love the yarn you picked for your Multnomah... have you seen Multnomah Falls in Oregon? They are beautiful.

LeAnn said...

Those little tomatoes look delicious! So does the shawl =)

Hannah said...

Sigh, that is the most gorgeous colorway! Makes me wish there was a real yarn store within 100 miles of me... Alas, the best I can do is plain cotton and acrylic, mostly in solid colors.

Gina Guillotine said...

Good for you! Keep going, you can do it!

What yarn is that? It's GORGEOUS!!! What a lush colorway. It will fit your shawl perfectly!

Victoria said...

YUM I love yellow tomatoes!

treewool said...

Ooo I really like that yarn.

elephantJuice said...

I love the Multnomah pattern, it's been in my favourites for a while. The yarn you've chosen looks fantastic for it too!

Ah the Shred. Haven't done it for a while, but really need to get back in to it! Jillian KILLS me!

ana said...

oh! i just love love the colors. can't wait to see it all done.

foodfeud said...

I love those tiny tomatoes! So pretty.

JFibers said...

Love stripes!!! 5 push-ups... holy crap!! Good for you. I'll expect to see at least three of them on Sunday!

yoel said...

Pretty colors! (Yarn and tomatoes both)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...