Monday, July 18, 2011

Easy Cherry Crumble!



'Tis the season for delicous and affordable cherries!  Cherries are one of my favorite fruits, but the crazy cost keeps me from eating then more than a few times a year.  So when the little guys go one sale, I pounce!  I've been eating quite a few in a the past few weeks, and this weekend I decided to come up with a new recipe.  I wanted to come up with a crumble recipe that was very simple, quick, and used only a few basic ingredients.  I think I came up with a winner, it was easy to make, yummy, and was perfect with some vegan ice cream!  Here's the recipe, I hope you'll give it a try:

Vegan Cherry Crumble:

1 1/2 cups pitted, sliced cherries
1/4 cup sugar (I like organic vegan cane sugar)
1 cup rolled oats
3 TB agave
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 TB vegan margarine, melted
a small pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium sized bowl, stir together the cherry slices and the sugar.  Set aside while you prepare the crumble topping.

In another bowl, combine all of the other ingredients.

Scoop the cherry/sugar filling into a pie pan.  Sprinkle with the crumble topping.

Bake for 15 minutes or until the crumble topping is lightly browned.

Cool and enjoy!

If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it on twitter using the tweet button below, or give it a +1 if you're on Google+!

-kala 

4 comments:

Bean Counting Knitter said...

That looks amazing! Thank you for sharing. :-)

elephantJuice said...

I love cherries! That sounds (and looks!) delicious!

La Alicia said...

that is 100% drool worthy! :)

withalittleluck said...

easy, vegan, and fruity - this recipe is right up my alley. thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...