Monday, August 22, 2011

Bookish Anticipation

As Summer starts to come to and end, my mind is on books.  There are some potentially awesome books coming out later this year and I can't wait to get my hands on them!  Here are just a few that I think deserve a place on my shelf:


Vegan Pie in the Sky by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.  A book full of vegan pie recipes, yes please!


Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking by Carla Kelly.  Slow cooker recipes are great when I'm short on time and I'm glad a vegan book is finally being published!



We Sure Can by Sarah B. Hood.  I'm always looking to add to my collection of canning books, and this looks like a fun one!

So those are just a few that I'm looking forward to, and I didn't even get to the knitting and crafting books!  What books are you looking forward to?

-kala

8 comments:

misslarissabree said...

I really want the pie book so bad!

Meg said...

I've totally been nerding out about the slow cooker book. I neeeeed it!!

Lola_318 said...

There is a vegan slow cooker cook book that's been out for a while, if you haven't seen it before: http://www.amazon.ca/Simple-Little-Vegan-Slow-Cooker/dp/1570672512

I was amazed to find it in my hometown's teeny tiny library.

Victoria said...

Great choices - that canning book looks great, also because I love puns. :) Most of the books on my wish list at the moment are biology field guides (plants, bugs, eggs and nests) but I have had my eye on a Persian cookbook for a while.... maybe for Christmas! :)

Jacklyn said...

oh my goodness! vegan pie! i had no idea they were coming out with a new book..thank you for sharing. i must get that one when it gets released

Randi said...

Those all look full of tasty stuffs. I may have to check out the slow-cooker one; I'm always looking for new stuff to do with the Crock-Pot. I don't have any new cookbooks picked out, but there's a new Michael Ondaatje novel coming out later this year for the Kindle, and I'm-a have to jump all over that. Beyond that, I'm just trying to catch up on all the books I own but haven't read yet.

margaret said...

Everything Isa does is amazing. She's amazing too. (ok, fine I'm biased. I'm friends w/her sister)

Cassie - Veganfox said...

I'm very excited about the pie book!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...