Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finished Knit: Multnomah Shawl!

Can you believe it, I actually finished knitting something!  See:




I finished the knitting part of my Multnomah while on vacation and then I promptly blocked it and wove in the ends at knit night when I got back.  I haven't had a lot of time to knit lately so this little guy took longer than it should have, but it was a fun knit and the shawlette will look cute in the Fall. 




The yarn is Sock Candy from Blue Moon Fiber Arts, which is becoming one of my favorite all time yarns for things other than socks (I like a thinner yarn for socks).  I also threw in a stripe that wasn't in the pattern, I used a dark brown shade of Comfy Fingering.  The only change I made to the pattern was that I stopped a little early, I was worried about running out of yarn and feather and fan gets a little tiresome after a while.



Finished any projects lately?

-kala  

14 comments:

affectioknit said...

Your shawlette is so CUTE! you're right - it'll be perfect for early fall...I actually did finish my Scout socks while we were on vacation too...

Have a lovely day!

Meyke said...

How cute! And btw I love the way you wear your hair in this blogpost.

Oddity:86 said...

Very pretty and I love the colors! :)

ColorSlut said...

I love the colors and size. So perfect for summer/fall/winter! Just adorable!

urban muser said...

it looks great. i love that pattern and have made several of them. i haven't been knitting much at all lately!

Gina Guillotine said...

It's GORGEOUS!!!!

yoel said...

That's adorable! The extra brown stripe really makes the main colorway pop.

Miss Julep said...

It gorgeous!!

stefanie said...

Love it! Those colors are really pretty. I've had that project in my queue for a while now....must resist the urge to cast on immediately!

Randi said...

So pretty! I'm going to finish something one of these days, I really am.

kristieinbc said...

Great job on the shawl! It is always fun to have a new knitted item to wear when he fall rolls around.

A. said...

It's beautiful and you wear it well. Thanks for showing pictures of how it looks being worn, because I am such a newbie when it comes to shawl-wearing. It is a great accessory!

Stacie said...

that is sooo adorable...you always pick the cutest colors!

Sara said...

That is really pretty - and you did a fantastic job on it...plus the yarn is yummy - great color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...