Friday, August 26, 2011

Trousseau

Knit night is a dangerous place people!  You come in, sit down, get comfy, and then, without warning someone can walk in with the most gorgeous finished project that you just HAVE to knit for yourself!  This happened to me two weeks ago, my friend Kathy walked in with a beautiful shawl and from that moment on, it was all I could think about.  The shawl in question is Trousseau by Carol Feller and it's from the Twist Collective.  I started my shawl last night while watching Priest (great movie by the way) - here's how far I got:

 

I'm really enjoying Trousseau so far, it's the part of shawl knitting that I love the most, that first bit of a top down shawls when you saw progress really quickly!  I'm thinking this project won't take too terribly long to finish since I'm using DK weight yarn...but you never know.  Speaking of the yarn, I'm using some grassy green Nashua Creative Focus Cotton DK that I had in my stash.  The yarn was originally going to be a light cardigan, but I couldn't get gauge to save my life so it's going to be broken up into smaller projects instead. 

Are you guys working on anything new?

-kala 

9 comments:

Miss Julep said...

Looking good! Your progress photo is gorgeous, by the way! Love the color.

quinn said...

Wow, is that a pretty combination of stitch pattern and yarn color!

I'm thinking of starting a Scrappy Scarf to make something useful and pretty from all the sock yarn "leftovers." Started swatching last night, so we'll see!

Aimee Dars said...

You are such a shawl maniac! Your Multnomah made me want to cast it on, now I have the same reaction to your trousseau!

Margaret said...

Ooooh! Gor-juss. I must do a shawl this year. Really.

stefanie said...

Oooh, I really like that color of green! Can't wait to see more progress updates!

Lina said...

That looks gorgeous! Love the green you chose for it.

Lina
photoknitdog.com

Stacie said...

Ah! I love that so much! I'm having total knitting envy!

JFibers said...

Love the color...

mikka said...

Gorgeous! That's so pretty :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...