Monday, August 01, 2011

Vegan Cookies Galore



There are few people that I love to bake for more than my friends at knit night.  And I really know when a batch of baked goods is a success when I bring a plate of goodies and they're gone before I can eat one myself!  But I'm usually sneaky and save a few at home for myself.  This past week, I made a batch of jam thumbprint cookies using the same homemade cherry raspberry jam that I used to fill my vegan pop tarts.  Since I found this awesome recipe for thumbprints, it's all I use, it's simple and really delicious.



I also tried a new recipe, the Giant Bakery Style Double Chocolate Cookies from Kelly Peloza's book The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur.  They were AMAZING, so yummy and very very chocolately!  Seriously, this is a great book that everyone should own and I have totally found my new favorite chocolate cookie recipe. 

So what's your favorite kind of cookie?

-kala

6 comments:

Ruby Lynn said...

Ohh a post after my own heart. I have a weakness for vegan cookies and I am off to look up the book. Any cookbook with the words vegan and cookie in the title is something I must own! I have a recipe for some delicious everything oatmeal cookies on my blog. http://rubylynns.blogspot.com/2011/07/cooking-sunday.html
Off to check out the book thanks!

Beth said...

I bet they're delicious! My daughter makes a chocolate chip cookie using olive oil that are wonderful.

foodfeud said...

Those both look gorgeous. I love the thin mints in Vegan Cookie Connoisseur and I was really close to making Hannah Kaminsky's basil shortbread cookies today because the combination sounds so unusual.

Oddity:86 said...

I love chocolate and those look sooo good! I bet they were awesome... makin' me crave. :)

Sugar Dimples said...

Favorite cookie? ANY! I won't turn down a cookie ;]

Hannah said...

Yes, Kelly's book is awesome! I definitely haven't given it enough use yet.

A favorite is hard to pick, but I can definitely say I'm more a fan of American-style soft and chewy cookies than shortbreads and such.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...