Sunday, August 07, 2011

Zucchini Baba Ganoush



Have you guys seen the newest post on Bittersweet?  It's one of my favorite blogs and I was super excited to see a recipe for eggplant free baba ganoush recently!  You see, my husband is allergic to eggplant (the last time he ate it he had to go to the hospital because he couldn't breathe) and misses baba ganoush terribly.  The recipe on Bittersweet replaces the eggplant with zucchini, so I picked out some gorgeous and delicious veggies from the farmers market and set to work. 

The recipe was very simple , but I did sub out a few ingredients - instead of the smoked salt I used some smoked paprika and a touch of liquid smoke.  The baba ganoush came out really delicious, my husband LOVES it which makes me really happy!  This is actually my first time having any kind of baba ganoush, for whatever reason I had never tried it before I met Shane, and after that I made sure to never have any eggplant in the house so the baba occasion never came up.  I totally recommend this recipe, eggplant allergy or not, it's a great way to use some of the yummy fresh zucchini out there!  I like mine with a bit of hummus and some pita bread.

-kala

6 comments:

pentalia said...

Noms!! This looks really yummy. Thanks for sharing the link.

Hannah said...

Wow, that was fast! I'm so thrilled you liked it, and the smoked paprika sub was pure brilliance. I've been putting that spice into everything, so it's a wonder it didn't show up in this recipe too.

foodfeud said...

Glad to hear about it, I saw that post too and was really interested. I picked up some huge zucchini recently and should get on it!

GiGi said...

Oooh. I saw the coming attraction of the ganoush on FB. I love baba ganoush and this is a must make!! Thanx for posting.

affectioknit said...

YUM!

JFibers said...

That looks super yummy... will you come down and be my personal chef during this seahorse time? Hugs and see you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...