Sunday, October 30, 2011

BareBones Halloween Show



Last night my husband and I braved the cold October night and checked out the BareBones Halloween Extravaganza 2011.  When I heard about the show, I was honestly on the fence on whether it sounded cool or not.  I mean, anything with giant puppets in the description can go either way, right?  Well, the show was decidedly awesome and worth freezing your butt off!  As described on the BareBones site, the show was "a community-created spectacle pageant of larger-than-life puppetry, drama, stilting, dance, fire, song, and music that honors the circle of life by celebrating it's seasonal arc of death in the Fall."  The show had really amazing visuals and music, and performers were all awesome.


If you're in the Twin Cities area, I recommend you check out the BareBones Halloween Extravaganza, it's a really great low cost (free will donation) way to get in the Halloween mood.  There were lots of kids at the show, although I will say that some of the younger ones were a bit scared of some of the giant puppets.  And if you're going to go, dress warmly, I wore a jacket and hat and was absolutely freezing.  Next year I'll wear my big puffy winter coat, warmer pants, and mittens!  And bring a blanket to sit on, trust me.



-Kala

1 comment:

foodfeud said...

This sounds like so much fun! I wish there were more events like that here - crafty, spooky, and family friendly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...