Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Black Rice Vegan Mac and Cheese

Today I was greeted by an exciting box of free vegan nacho sauce samples from Chicago Soydairy, yay for good mail days!  I was so excited that I decided to use one of of the packages for a mac and cheese lunch today, here are the results:

  

I used some gluten free black rice noodles that I picked up at an Asian grocery, I've been using them a lot lately and I love them.  The Nacho Teese made for a quick and easy lunch, love it!  Here's what I did:

1 container Teese nacho sauce
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp liquid smoke (or to taste)
1/2 tsp dried crushed peppers
1 tsp hot sauce
fresh pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups black rice pasta

1.  Combine all of the ingredients except for the pasta in a saucepan and cook on medium.  While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.  

2.  Strain the pasta and add it to the cheese sauce.  Combine and heat through, adjusting seasonings to your liking.  

3.  Enjoy!

-kala

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sounds yummy...but looks really different...

VeganCraftastic said...

Yeah, the black rice pasta is good but is NOT pretty! :)

Kendra Sonia said...

mmmm..that looks tasty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...