Monday, October 24, 2011

Paranormal Activity 3: The Exception to the Rule

In general, as I'm sure you all know, movie franchises tend to lose a bit of....let's say magic by the third installment.  So when I went to see Paranormal Activity 3 last night, I had pretty low expectations.  I LOVED the first one, it was terrifying.  The second one was good, but not super scary.  The third was was awesome and absolutely terrifying!  I live for horror movies and am not easily scared, but this series of movies really gets me, I love that they don't rely on gore or any of the other usual horror tropes.  The subtle and the unseen are always scarier than the outlandish blood filled scenes.

So if you're in the mood to be scared - and really, it's late October, the perfect time for it - head to your local theater and don't blame me if you can't sleep without leaving all of your lights on for a few nights!

-kala

1 comment:

Taryn said...

I didn't see the first, but I did end up seeing the second one. It was a bit spooky in parts but overall rather underwhelming. I've been hearing good things about the third one - and the trailers I've seen freak me right out! I like gory movies but they don't SCARE me, the only things that truly scare me are the paranormal-type things... debating on watching it, but frankly, I value my sleep too much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...