Friday, November 18, 2011

Finished Knit: Pinwheel Blanket!

Before Ritz came home with us from the shelter, I started knitting him a blanket.  It was a lot of fun to knit for a kitty, I got to pick colors I like and use yarn from stash, gotta love that!  And I think Ritz likes it quite a bit:



Isn't he a sweetie?  The pattern I used was Round or Pinwheel Blanket, a free pattern available here.  It was a super easy knit since it's all stockinette in the round with some increases thrown in, perfect tv or movie knitting.  The purple is Cotton Ease from Lion Brand (50% cotton/50% acrylic) and the blue is Simply Cotton Worsted from Knit Picks (100% organic cotton.)  I think I'll be using this pattern again in the future, in case Ritz needs another blanket or if there's a baby out there that needs a quick gift.  

have you ever knit for a kitty or other animal?

-kala

13 comments:

Simple Single Mom said...

So adorable. I've crocheted little stuffed toys for my cat that he really loves.

Claire said...

Aww lovely!
Ritz you are a handsome boy!
I sew catnip toys for cat homes and of course my little Sisco!

Sandy Keith said...

Ritz looks just like my cat, Tigger. I have 4 cats who think all the comforters in the house belong them. They even fight over this certain one for whichever cat is on it, another comes along and makes him leave. It's comical to watch.

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

nice! I like the colors. Thanks for the pattern, I've been searching for a different one that is a pinwheel (I think) but it has 2 short sleeves in it to make little a toddler sweater, and when it's worn the top of the circle folds for a chunky collar, it's so cute, but I have no idea where I saw it, lol

Lina said...

Ritz is SO spoiled! I love how you knit him his own blanket. :)

-Lina
photoknitdog.com

Sara said...

I knit for my kitty and my daughter's dogs...

it's such fun

ChicaEnglish said...

So lovely, I am always tempted to knit for my little guy. But he is a Boston Terrier with a taste for yarn and embroidery thread. So it hasn't happened yet.

Hugs to Ritz!

pentalia said...

OMG, I just love this! You are such a great kittie-mommie!!

4you-withlove said...

Beautiful! We don't have a cat but we did rescue a beagle/yellow lab mix last December! Having a pet in the house fills it with love! :)

Stacie said...

I love that blanket, especially the bright colors. Looks great!

Patricia said...

Beautiful blanket and cat! Congrats and enjoy!

Marissa R. said...

I am going to come visit, and you can teach me how to make sure pretty things!

P.s your new family member is quite adorable. He looks so content. :]

kristieinbc said...

Love the blanket! It looks like your kitty does too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...