Monday, November 28, 2011

Gifts for the Science Nerd

This year, I thought it would be fun to put together a few gift guides here on the blog to help with your holiday shopping!  When I saw the book Science Ink at a bookstore this holiday weekend, I knew I had to blog about it  in some way, so I'm including it here in my Gift Guide for the Science Nerd!


Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed by Carl Zimmer.  This hardback book is a collection of tattoos "that pay tribute to various scientific disciplines, from evolutionary biology and neuroscience to mathematics and astrophysics and reveals the stories of the individuals who chose to inscribe their obsessions in their skin."  















So what's your favorite from this gift guide?

-kala

8 comments:

foodfeud said...

I LOVE that embroidery circle! So bad ass!

whatnomints said...

I'm having a hard time choosing between the "Ferrous Wheel" and the microscopic embroidery ... both are so awesome! Great finds here - Thanks for making some room for my ornament in there ;)

4you-withlove said...

cool ideas!

Binara said...

They ara all great, but since I do embroidery myself, I´d vote for the microscope embroidery :)

Lela said...

I'm not a science geek, but I LOVE these!

Hannah said...

Fun stuff! The embroidery is too cute, too clever. I just love it! If only I had the patience for that craft.

Marissa Rath said...

LOVE that ornament. So cute.

Eric Martin said...

LOVE that ornament. So cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...