Friday, November 04, 2011

Vegan Rice Krispies Treats

Look what I made last night:


And believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever made classic Rice Krispies Treats!  I've made a peanut butter version that didn't involve marshmallows, but this was my first go at the classic.  I think it's because I'm not a huge marshmallow fan, unlike my husband.  But these treats are really yummy, I have to admit!  Although I think I'd like them better if they were topped with chocolate....anyway, here's what I did:

1 bag Dandies vegan marshmallows
3 TBs Earth Balance whipped non-hydrogenated margarine
4 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal

Place the cereal in a large bowl and set aside. In a large pot, melt the margarine and then add in the marshmallows.  Stir constantly until the marshmallows melt down into a sticky goo.  Carefully pour the goo over the cereal and stir (I used two wooden spoons) until everything is nice and combined.  Once it's cool enough to handle, press the mixture into a 8X8 or so brownie pan and let set.  Enjoy!

-kala

8 comments:

jo90 said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I made the mini pizzas from the other day. I didn't have English muffins so used round bread rolls instead. They came out so well. My kids were well impressed. Thank you!

Carrhe said...

Yum! Every time I buy Dandies I eat them all before I have the chance to make anything with them, but I think I need to rectify this and make some rise krispie treats!

Boriville said...

looks delicious, I will have to try making these sometime this holiday.

Hannah said...

I -love- crispy rice treats, probably because I love marshmallows to begin with. I usually cheat and just make a sticky sugar syrup to save some money, but the kind that are actually made with mallows are always so much better.

JFibers said...

Sounds delicious!

GiGi said...

Haha, I know what Carrhe means. I'm afraid to have those Dandies in the house.

GiGi said...

These look great!

Amanda said...

Thanks for this recipe! I just made a batch and can't wait to try them. I have a feeling these are going to become a regular at our house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...